Graupner Kyosho Circuit 20 Fairlady, Rowdy Baja, Baja Body..

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Graupner Kyosho Circuit 20 Fairlady, Rowdy Baja, Baja Body..

Hi all, this is my first post here, I'm sorry that I'm posting in English, unfortunately I can not write in the wonderful German Language :ka:

I would like to share some information about the Kyosho / Graupner Circuit 20 series also would welcome some inputs in this regard. After researching for long time I found the below 12 cars from the Circuit 20 family;

1- Kit No. 2010 Circuit 20 Buggy 1
      2- Kit No. 2012 Circuit 20 Lancia Stratos 1
      3- Kit No. 2281 Circuit 20 Lancia Stratos 2
      4- Kit No. 2282 Circuit 20 Fairlady
      5- Kit No. 2283 Circuit 20 Baja California
      6- Kit No. 2284 Circuit 20 Buggy 2
      7- Kit No. 3027 Circuit 20 Toyota Hilux
      8- Kit No. 3028 Circuit 20 Fiat Alitalia
      9- Kit No. XXXX Circuit 20 Sport Buggy or Graupner Baja Body
      10- Kit No. 3045 Circuit 20 Extra Racing Baja
      11- Kit No. 2289 Circuit 20 Rowdy Baja (No Differential Gear)
      12- Kit No. 3047 Circuit 20 Extra Rowdy Baja

Which car from the above reached Germany?

if you have any catalog scan from Kyosho or Graupner please post it here.

thanks for looking :wink:
      If it's KYOSHO and moving on wheels then I like it !
    • Re: Kyosho Circuit 20 Series

hy mar1,
      the circuit 20 series was sales in germany from Graupner.
      2 modells ,the Datsun Fairlady and the Rowdy Baja was available,also one conversion kit from Graupner with MB 450SLC body.
      on the early 80s the C20 based Leopard this was an 4WD car for competition.

maybe Heiner Martin (he is an "child" of this time) here in the Comunity can say more. :wink:

greatings zippo 8)

ps:sorry for my terrible english. :)
      pss:i have found this for you : www.alex-und-thomas.de

Hi Marwan!

good to see some old fella TC members up here! From my little knowledge of Kyosho/Graupner distribution I can say that at least

4- Kit No. 2282 Circuit 20 Fairlady
      11- Kit No. 3046 Circui 20 Rowdy Baja

were in the Gaupner catalogues. also there's the Toyota Hilux body, but just the bodyshell to be put on the Land Jump, Fairlady and Rowdy Baja.

Also there's the Impacta Baja, Land Jump, Vanning, etc, but I'm not sure if they are from Circuit20 series.

cheers

btw: I could do catalogue scans from the ones I have (innovations 82 + full catalogue 88)

hello,

I'm happy to be here, nice place :)

I think Germany got the following Circuit 20 cars:

A- 20 Baja Body (Sport buggy)
      B- Fairlady
      C- Rowdy Baja
      D- Lancia Stratos
      E- Racing Baja

maybe Circuit 20 the holiday buggy and Hilux as a body only.

Hi Marwan,

Mh, looks like the Dune Buggy from the Circuit Series.

In germany all the circuit models are sold by graupner. I have all the catalogs from 1980 - 1985 from them. This model was not shown in one of them. So i be sure it was not sold in germany / europe. Mybe they take only the pic from the japanisch instruction.

can see a year on the instruction?

all other parts are shown as graupner parts, so i think it must be a graupner instruction.
      Gru߸ Frank

Frank, the manual pages are very similar to Japanese onces for the Circuit Buggy, which is the first in the series and as per Kyosho history page, the Circuit 20 started on 1976 here what Kyosho say about it:

"1976, CIRCUIT BUGGY. A 1/8 pipe bodied pure racing machine. Included oil-filled shocks. Equipped with the world's first double trailing-arm."

the German manual scan does not have year or any date, but they are a direct translation from the Circuit Buggy manual;

I think at that early time (1976) Graupner was not the agent for Kyosho, and the buggy was sold by importers, what do you think?

Hi Marwan,

you are correct. Kyosho models where also sold by robbe and other companies. Specaily in the 70's Robbe sold many cars from the kyosho program. But i do not found the circuit buggy in any other catalog in germany. Robbe ended with the RX-100 and the smaller Peanuts Racer with selling kyosho gas cars. So it can be correct that this buggy was sold in germany but i have never seen in by any company.

You know i have a new car with uncut body from it, but i bought it in japan.

greetings Frank
      Gru߸ Frank